County Capacity and Systems Assessment for the Hunger Safety Net Programme Phase 3
The assignment involves supporting a Capacity and Systems Assessment in the eight HSNP counties of; Wajir, Mandera, Turkana, Marsabit, Samburu, Isiolo, Tana River, and Garissa.
The primary objective is to gather information that will guide the expansion of the NICHE program to these counties. The study aims to address various aspects, including the evaluation of existing government capacities within the counties, the assessment of institutional and legal frameworks, the identification of strengths and opportunities, the identification of gaps, and the evaluation of stakeholder readiness.
Working closely with FCDO, respective county teams, and key stakeholders, We would be seeking to;
- Assess the existing institutional framework, policies, and guidelines related to
cash and nutrition interventions within the counties.
- Evaluate the capacity of relevant government structures, departments, and
specific stakeholders to implement an integrated Cash and Nutrition
- Identify strengths and opportunities relevant to the rollout of NICHE within the
- Identify gaps and challenges in the current system that may hinder the successful implementation of NICHE.
- Evaluate the readiness of key stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and community-based organizations, to participate in and support the implementation of NICHE. Provide recommendations and actionable strategies to enhance the county's readiness for NICHE.